Thursday, August 29, 2013

감사합니다, Korea!

Okay, I don't know what's gotten into you, all the way on the other side of the world. I don't know what interests you, but I have this to say ...

감사합니다!

My dear twenty Koreans, thank you for reading one-hundred twenty pages of my stories. Thank you for your interest in them. But tell me...

Why?

What spurred your interest, inflaming it to a heat that sustained you through all those pages and pages of hurt and comfort, anxiety and tenderness, all that ...

All that drama! In English! About teen-aged girls with teen-aged problems and angst!

Is there something in my stories that reaches across the world, all the way to you in your homes or on your commute to work or to school? There must be, I suppose, and that 'it'?

I'm grateful for it. I'm grateful for the kindness and care of a total and complete stranger (me) could reach out to you, and touch you in a way that you read, then read more.

I hope in what I've written that your day is a better one for you.



I see the moon, and the moon sees me. God bless the moon, and God bless me.

This is a prayer I pray for you, my dear readers in Korean, and across the whole world, as I look up at the full moon and marvel that I've written something for someone looking up at the moon tonight, too, and then, sleeping, sleeping peacefully and happily, dreaming of Rosalie and her little Lizzie, or dreaming of Bella and her Rose.

Good night, my dears.

love, geophf

No comments: